Tuesday, October 4, 2011

August 24, 1993

I was still sick. I dreaded the thought of washing clothes by hand. Mario's mom told us there was a lady who will do laundry by hand, dry, and iron for Q25. So we hired her.

Had a flat tire. I was not surprised. Roads are so rough. Q6 to patch a tire. Not too bad!

Went to Art Museum. Very nice and modern art. I still had diarrhea. Amazing to find there are no toilet papers. Fortunately that was the first thing Mario informed us at the air porte. In Guatemala everyone must carry their own toilet paper.

Nest we went to Archaeological and Entomological museum. Old fossils of humans and mammoth tools were extremely interesting. No matter where we walked into we could not escape from dusty air. Sometimes my lungs hurt unless we escape to country side.

Mario went on an errand. He said he will be back at 4:30pm. No Spanish and no Mario...scary thought.

Henna just said "This is a neat museum." Kids don't notice all the dust and old car exhausts.